Thursday, April 1, 2010

Flower Girl Dress - Satin and Tulle

My dear friend Angela got married and she invited Lauren to be her flower girl. After we took a trip to David's Bridal, I asked Angela if she wouldn't mind if I copied the dress she had picked out for Lauren and made it myself. I mean, who wants to spend $100 for a sleeveless dress with a tulle skirt. Isn't that child's play for the average dress maker? I guess I now consider myself a dress maker, albeit a children's dress maker.

So here it is! The flower girl dress I made for Lauren....fully lined satin bodice with lined, tulle skirt, empire waist and adjustable sash. I sewed the bow for the back so that it wouldn't come undone and created a place underneath for the end of the sash to pass through so it could be fit perfectly once the dress was on and zipped up. Yes! A zipper installation. Between this and Lauren's Easter dress, I'm now competent at installing a hidden zipper.

That's Mommy, getting Lauren zipped up!

No comments: