Thursday, October 10, 2013

Corduroy Twirl Skirts for Fall


With the lovely Chicago fall weather finally upon us, it seemed like a great time to whip up a few skirts for the girls from corduroy. I had a really nice Patty Young print with mod blooms and deep brown tones that I've been saving for a few years now.


The ruffle in the hem adds just that extra touch of cute. My big girl can sure strike a pose!



The cream skirt was my inspiration. It started life as a dress from Old Navy, but it was so boring and the sleeves were an awkward length. So I cut it off and added the ribbon trim (also Patty Young) and an applique of Opal Owl from fabric by Tina Givens.


Full elastic waistbands mean that these skirts will mix and match and be comfy and warm all fall and through the winter. I got the girls to model them in front of a faces wall at our church.




No comments: