Sunday, February 26, 2012

New Dresses for Africa Out the Door

This past month, a handful of women from my church worked again on sewing dresses for little girls in Africa. We met on 2 separate occasions, in my sewing studio to construct dresses. We used the basic pillowcase dress design. Our fabric included actual pillowcases as well as raw yardage. We used bias tape and grosgrain ribbon for straps that knot in bows on each shoulder. These dresses work so well for all sizes of girls and can be worn a lot. I love the variety of fabric as well as the cute embellishments added to each dress to make them special. I hope the girls who receive these dresses really feed loved.



Here's all 30 dresses packed and ready to send with our team over to Nairobi Baptist Church! To find out how you can get involved with sewing dresses for Africa, email me at liz@mommysaidsew.com.

No comments: