The kit includes two sheets that I made from cutting apart a queen size duvet cover from Ikea. The price per yard was way cheaper than buying raw yardage. I love the black and white print with graffiti style alphabet. The fabric is light weight so it will be perfect for draping over tables and chairs and will let natural light into the fort. I sewed two ties into each corner, plus two more into the middle of each side of the sheets. That's 16 pieces of tie per sheet. I made the ties from bias tape. I had lots of scrap pieces of bias tape from past projects so I ended up with lots of different colors = fun!!
|All packed away in a drawstring bag.|
I found some pink and white rope and the clamps at Home Depot. The rope is nylon, so hopefully it will hold up to many years of use. The clamps are in the paint tools aisle. They are also magnetic and cost a bit more than I wanted to pay, but they were the best solution at the time and it was critical that they opened wide enough and could be used by a 4 yr old. The clothes pins came from JoAnns. The duvet cover from Ikea came with 2 pillow shams so I cut one down and sewed a storage bag from it so they girls can clean up easily and always have their Build A Fort supplies ready to go.