Monday, December 26, 2011

January 2012 Sewing Social Dates

Here's the January dates for Monday night sewing socials. I'm going to put down some potential projects but I'm always open to a change in plans based on who can attend.

Monday Nights, 7:30pm - whenever:

Jan 9: Big Girl Handbags, I've got a pattern and I'm not afraid to use it. Simpler projects could be a make up bag or re-usable snack bag.

Jan 16: Pants - pj pants for kids or adults, ruffle pants, or leggings

Jan 23: Sweater refashions - cruise Pinterest to see what might inspire you and bring your old sweaters or grab a few at a thrift store. I'm hoping to make some legwarmers to wear over boots and some throw pillows.

 Jan 30: Pillows and pillowcases - bring any fabric you would like to turn into a pillow. You will also need to supply the stuffing, either Polyfil or a pillow insert. Closure can be a zipper, buttons (I have) or we can create an envelope closure with the fabric or fabric ties. 
The Details..
Come as you are, beginners and experts alike.
You can pitch a few bucks in the tip jar to cover the cost of any of my fabric you use or you can bring your own.
Feel free to invite a friend.
Bring your own machine or use my guest machine.
Please RSVP.
Please enter through my side/basement door so as not to ring the doorbell and wake up sleeping kids.

No comments: