Sunday, October 16, 2011

First Dress in the New Digs

 See previous post for pics of my new basement sewing room. I got right to work and made a birthday present for a sweet girl turning one! And then I forgot to take a picture of it. So the second dress I made in my new sewing room is pictured here. I've been wanting to use this Midwest Modern fabric by Amy Butler for a fall dress and just hadn't picked the style yet.


I paired it up with one of my other fall favorites from Anna Maria Horner's Loulouthi (bodice). And I used some toile that was kicking around for straps. I pulled the olive green out of the toile and the orange came together with the ribbon from Patty Young.

 The back gets a Plum Sparrow label (my personal garment label).

I trimmed out the hem with the olive green color again, this time in a skinny velvet ribbon. Little girl number 2 is going to be a darling in this one maybe plunked down on a big pile of fall leaves!

No comments: