Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall Twirl Skirts

Today during one afternoon nap time I made two twirly girl skirts. I picked some fall colors. 4 of the prints are from Anna Maria Horner's Innocent Crush collection. The mustard waist band on the pink and brown skirt is Patty Young. After they woke up from their naps, both girls wanted to put their skirts on right away...and then they wanted to have their special treats on the couch. I figured it would be a good time for pictures.

 The pink and brown skirt has a 4 panel skirt gathered and sewn to a waist panel with full elastic. I decided to hem the skirt with a skinny pink bias tape. It pulls together the differences in the panel fabrics.

This skirt is my usual twirl skirt design, a large piece of fabric for the body of the skirt and a hem fabric (folded in half so that it creates it's own hem as both cut ends are serged to the bottom of the body fabric). I added a argyle ribbon down the front (offset to the left) for more visual interest. It too has a full elastic waist.

No comments: