Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Here's my daughter's one of a kind 4th of July dress. I whipped up a "country" inspired look to celebrate our Country's independence. The prints are from the Debbie Mumm collection at JoAnn Fabrics, hence the country chic feel. JoAnn doesn't always have what I want for an urban chic look, but they are the place to go for pigs, cats, sheep, cows and roosters waiving the American flag.

Also please note the unfinished strap fasteners. For the photo shoot, I hadn't gotten around to pounding in the pearl button closures so straight pins are doing a temporary job.

I'm not too pleased with how the tiered skirt of the dress looks sitting down (kinda bunching out on the sides), but I am happy with the hand gathered ruffles at the top and bottom of the burgundy fabric.

Happy July 4th everyone!

No comments: