Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Reversible Pinafore Tops

These versatile tops were such a snap to whip up once I figured out the design. The beauty is that each requires only one cut of 2 fabrics following the same pattern. The only thing to sew is the outside edge of the whole design and then the ribbon attachment to join the two straps. And something I like even more... no button holes, no buttons, no knot straps, no closures of any kind. These should go over my daughter's head quickly, leaving plenty of room for her to get her arms through - and voila: the perfect way to add beautiful fabrics over a basic wardrobe of jeans and a turtleneck in cold months or cropped leggings and a t-shirt in the summer. I can't decide which is my favorite. I love the sophistication of the black and white damask and the artsy flowers. But then I am also in love with the Heather Ross Mendocino fabrics, those mermaids are just lovely - so unexpected for children's clothing and in such great fall colors.

No comments: