Monday, April 23, 2012

Pattern Testing Again

 With the face of an angel and the temperament of an...
... well let's just say she has the temperament of a 2 year old. Grace is pictured here showing off the latest modkid dress pattern. The fabric in the dress is designed by Patty Young for her Andalucia and Lush collections. Perfect colors to make spring and summer days bright and sunny.



I always learn a lot following a modkid pattern. This is the first time I've put in a collar. I got some needed zipper practice. This zipper was more tricky because there was a fabric seam to line up in the back, half way up the zipper. Mine is not perfect, but close enough. Nice touches on this dress include ruffle edged sleeves and a darling belt with belt loops to keep it looking smart.

One thing the modkid patterns do well are unique pockets. I love these teardrop shaped pockets that get seamed into the side seams of the skirt. Darling to look at and fun for kids to tuck their hands and treasures into. I found myself telling Patty that I'd love to have an adult version of this in a skirt... with the paper bag waist, tie front belt and those awesome pockets. I wanted the same thing for myself when I sewed up her Chloe dress.

No comments: