Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cargo Pocket Pants


A new addition to a favorite old style. I have been making ruffle pants since I made my first pair of pants. Boy, that seems like ages ago. But it's still my favorite kind of pants to make. This pair for my older daughter features a lovely Sandi Henderson fabric from her Meadowsweet collection. This print has very unique colors. I decided to play up the orange and fushia combo by adding cargo pockets.


I used a pocket pattern designed by Patty Young for her Chloe Dress. I added the ribbon ruffle to the top edges to give a cargo pocket the girly treatment. This pockets look really cute on because of Patty's round design... they have their own volume and sit out just enough to draw the eye and give an otherwise straight leg some personality. Not that the fabric I chose needed any help in the personality department. My daughter (who also needs no help in the personality department) wore them today with a grey long sleeve tee and she got compliments right away.

No comments: