Monday, September 12, 2011

Newest Knot Dresses

I've been dipping into two recent piles of new fabric. One is my stack of Patty Young and the other is my new Anna Maria Horner Loulouthi prints. The top dress features 2 Patty Young prints. Bless her heart, my oldest daughter has been begging for a hot pink dress. I finally obliged but still managed to work in a little brown with the exquisite ribbon down the front of the bodice and some matching ric rac at the hem. I love how dark it is and how it sets off the brightness of the rest of the dress.

The second dress features Loulouthi fabric in the skirt, hem and straps. The bodice is Anna Griffith. I was trying to make the most out of my yardage when cutting the straps and ended up with some really long and skinny ones. So they knot in a bow. Not my usual strap MO but I think it's a girly addition to an otherwise sophisticated color scheme. I love this dress. Might have to make myself a mommy dress with some of these fabrics.




No comments: