Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's a Girl! Baby Shower Gift Set

I love it when my friends find out. It makes it so much more fun to pick out girly fabrics if I know there's a girl on the way. And trust me, the boy babies will appreciate it too if they aren't subjected to my "gender neutral" choices. I hosted a baby shower recently for a mom who was expecting her first girl (second child). I whipped up a nursing cover with one of my favorite all time prints by Tina Givens. That bird cameo from Fairy Tip-Toes is just soooo sweet...

In addition to the nursing cover I made a pair of burp cloths backed with chenille instead of diaper cloth (which I'm pretty much over - I don't like the way it gets all distorted after repeated washing, which Hello! is what you have to do with cloth diapers). Anyway, and rounding out the gift set is a handy Diaper Clutch to carry a travel sized wipes case and several diapers.

The other fabric I used is also Tina Givens from the Treetop Fancy collection. I love how all my Tina Givens (and there is a whole shelf of it) mixes and matches so well.
Here's the gift set all packaged up in a cute fabric box to be used in the nursery...

No comments: