Monday, August 2, 2010

Peasant Dresses for Fall 2010

This fall, I decided to branch out from the knot dress style and go for something I hadn't done yet. I have not had a lot of practice with sleeves so I bought some patterns and then had to modify them (grrr) but ultimately ended up with a short-sleeve peasant dress that I like a lot. The simplicity of the design allows for one awesome fabric to be showcased with a cute accent fabric sleeve.

The peasant neckline (a full elastic gather through the entire top of the garment...sleeves and neck) gives the dress it's name, shape and appeal. Here are some fabrics I'd been holding on to for fall designs.

Moda Botany - Morning Glories...

Amy Butler Love - Memento...
Patty Young for Michael Miller - Flora and Fauna...
(with Amy Butler sleeves)
I'd also like to introduce my new model. It is so much easier to photograph a dress form wearing these clothes than a toddler or a baby. Lauren and Grace still get to wear all the samples.

No comments: