Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tote Bag and Burp Cloth Gift Sets

I've finally nailed down the finished design for my collection of tote bags. I'm going with an impressive large print as the body and handle of the bag and a simple coordinating print (basically a solid compared to the other print on the bag). The inside is lined with something kinda fun, like leopard print, and will feature two pockets. I am choosing not to use any interfacing so that the bag is completely collapsible (perfect for travel) and no closure, so it's always ready to dig into.

The handle is a generous 36" so when you wear it sling style, it sits right at your hip. I've been carrying one around town for weeks now and it seems to be the perfect length and size. It stays put when I'm pushing a stroller to the grocery store or post office.

Pictured here is a beautiful bag made with Amy Butler fabric from her Belle collection. I have also made two matching burp cloths so that the tote can be packaged as a gift set. Perfect for a baby shower gift. The new mom to be will love having a smaller, lighter weight alternative to the diaper bag. The body of the bag measures 12" wide by 14" high, so you can easily fit a few diapers, toys and a bottle in with your own items.

Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think!

No comments: